Re: [Emacs-diffs] widen-limits c331b66: Implement buffer-widen-limits fu

From: Vitalie Spinu
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] widen-limits c331b66: Implement buffer-widen-limits functionality
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 23:13:58 +0100

>> On Wed, Mar 23 2016 14:57, Drew Adams wrote:

> It looks like someone perhaps implemented something and just tossed
> some minimal doc into the manual, in the form of doc-string-like text
> for a couple functions.

The issue of prog-widen and prog-indentation-context was discussed extensively
in the thread that led to this diff.

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-03/threads.html#00859

Too long to be read from scratch I suppose.  My takeaway is that those features
are raw and simplistic and bring more complications than they solve. Hopefully
there will be a common consensus to put those on hold for now.

  Vitalie