Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:28:15 +1100

I had assumed that getaddrinfo_a would have the normal timeouts that
getaddrinfo has -- that it would say that it's failed after a certain
number of seconds.  Some testing here (switching off the wifi after
issuing a DNS request) seems to indicate that that may not be the case?

I couldn't find anything in the documentation about this...  am I
overlooking something?  If not, I have to implement some timeouts myself
in that code.