Re: MELPA and rewriting history for the (git) repo

From: Alex Dunn
Subject: Re: MELPA and rewriting history for the (git) repo
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:46:01 -0800

It does a fetch and then a hard reset, so there shouldn’t be problems
with history being rewritten:
https://github.com/melpa/melpa/blob/master/package-build.el#L551-L561

There could be problems for MELPA Stable if the new history has tags
that are parsed as an earlier version; that currently requires manual
intervention (https://github.com/melpa/melpa/pull/3362#issuecomment-173058525).