Re: Next release from master

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:07:25 -0500

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> It appears that we have several possible scenarios available to us, and each
> has its trade-offs.
>
> OPTION #1 (closest to the status quo)

I have been watching this thread and I still have the question: what is
wrong with the status quo?

AIUI, this is:

- 25.1 lives in emacs-25
- after 25.1 is released, emacs-25 becomes 25.2 and receives bug fixes and
  non-breaking features, either by merging from master or simply being
  applied to emacs-25. Bug fixes applied to emacs-25 periodically get
  merged back into master when appropriate
- 26.1 is master