Re: Next release from master

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Next release from master
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 07:28:34 +0200

On 02/10/2016 06:51 AM, Alexis wrote:

Even if i am affected by the process resulting in poor or no
documentation, such that it's very difficult for me to actually use the
(possibly new) feature(s)? (Cf. the documentation for the `pcase`
features - even people who are far more accomplished developers than me
have been having trouble understanding what's going on, such that
they're disinclined to use it.)

I'd draw the line between reporting existing problems with documentation (like filing bugs "hey, pcase isn't documented!", or "I don't understand what the documentation says"), which all users are encouraged to do, versus saying how the developers should work.

That's just my standpoint, though.

i feel that, as both a user of GNU Emacs and a developer of packages
/for/ GNU Emacs (admittedly not packages currently in core), i get to at
least voice my opinion about process issues that i feel are affecting
me.

IMO, process isn't our main problem now.