Re: Entering Unicode characters

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: Entering Unicode characters
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 05:26:06 -0800

On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 07:14:50 -0500, in message
address@hidden, Richard Stallman wrote:

>   > Like a small snowman.
>
> Without seeing it, I think maybe a combination including 8 might be
> good to represent it.  Perhaps `8^ or \8/.
>
>                          (There's no white snowman, AFAIK, it's
> called
>   > "snowman without snow".)
>
> Is that the space character?

No, it's not a space.  Here they are: "⛄" "⛇".  The first one is
U+26C4, SNOWMAN WITHOUT SNOW (a.k.a., light snow); the second one
is U+26C7 BLACK SNOWMAN (a.k.a., heavy snow).

BTW, the Turkish and Azerbaijani dotless i is U+0131 LATIN SMALL
LETTER DOTLESS I: "ı".  I had to use the search function in the
Gnome character map to find it.  Search for "dotless" and check
the "Search in character details" box.

--Dale

--
Sign in coffee shop:  "Children left unattended will be given an
espresso and a Free Puppy."