Re: Character folding in the pretest

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Character folding in the pretest
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 20:46:20 +0100

Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

It seems that the feature is not geared towards natural language, but
for the cases where the user cares about how the character is composed.
As mentioned on my answer to Eli, this feature should default to off.

Your use case is not typical and is based on usage circunstances
(writing French with a US keyboard), personal opinions about what is
admisible or factors depending on your language (maybe French has no a
similar case of Spanish n/ñ), so I think that it is not convincing
enough to change my POV about the default status of the feature.