Re: Electric punctuation mode

From: Michal Nazarewicz
Subject: Re: Electric punctuation mode
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 02:22:39 +0100

On Tue, Feb 02 2016, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Would you be interested in making a version that generates HTML constructs
> for these characters, such as … for ellipsis?

This is perfectly doable and rules for ‘<’, ‘>’, ‘&’ and
‘"’ already exist in the code.  Adding more for different entities
would be easy.

The only problem is that … is not an XML entity so care would
need to be taken to, by default, use it in HTML mode only.

--
Best regards
Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of Computer Science,