Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Recommend these .gitconfig settings for git integrity.
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:35:54 -0800

On 02/01/2016 08:01 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
If those config settings are so good, why don't you spend your energies
on convincing the git maintainers

Emacs has its own development style and processes, which we can't expect the rest of the world to adopt. The Git maintainers support git configuration settings and hooks like that in Git, precisely because no single configuration will work for every project.

The Emacs build process has no bussiness on sneaking config changes that
affects how tools work on my system

Yes, the developer should be told. This was already done for Git hooks, but I forgot to do it for Git configuration settings. I fixed that by installing the attached patch into emacs-25.