Re: Entering Unicode characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Entering Unicode characters
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 05:35:34 +0200

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 06:41:57 +0900
>

> > I think you are describing how Emacs input method work.  Try this:
> >
> >  C-u C-\ turkish-postfix RET
> >
> > then type i and watch the echo area.
>
> What I see is the character I need to type to get something I don't
> see.

??? What I see is the inputs I can type _and_ the characters that will
be inserted when I type each input, including the dotless i character.

That's not what Richard requested:

Maybe so, but then neither is what you proposed, because the Emacs
input methods work in the same way as what you described.