Re: emacs-25 ef33bc7: Spelling and grammar fixes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: emacs-25 ef33bc7: Spelling and grammar fixes
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 08:52:59 +0100

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> While I was at it, this patch streamlines away some old cruft about MS
> Windows NT servers, CIFS, and the like, as it's 2016 now and not 2006.

The major message there was the missing part. I've never tested it
towards MS Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, because I haven't seen such machines
myself.

> The word "Unixes" feels funny, at least to this native English
> speaker. (It's not in my English spelling dictionary, which is how I
> found the word in the first place.)

Wikipedia mentions it, <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix#Branding>. I
know that's not definitive, of course.

Anyway, I'm happy with your patch. Thanks!

Best regards, Michael.