Re: Adding c/c++ scripting

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Adding c/c++ scripting
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 09:23:45 +0800

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 12:20 PM, jonathan maharaj
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Instead of scheme for emacs I'd like it to support c/c++ or any language

Although you can't use C/C++ (or languages other than Emacs Lisp) to
script Emacs directly, in Emacs 25, you can use dynamic modules.  A
dynamic module is just like an Emacs Lisp package.  IIUC you just need
to export a C-callable function in the module, and make the license of
the module GPL-compatible.  The module can also use Emacs's API.

PS: Personally, I like Neovim's plugin architecture.  With the msgpack
API, you can even use C#/Ruby/JavaScript/... to write plugins.