Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f8208b6: Document the user-level features of

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 f8208b6: Document the user-level features of the Xref package
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 05:33:06 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 00:11:57 +0300
>
> On 01/10/2016 11:51 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > Can you propose an alternative conceptual framework for the user
> > manual, wrt to backends and the features described in this section?
>
> Before I try answering this, please confirm that you've already read my
> brief attempt at doing it, here:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-01/msg00695.html
>
> Starting with "I'd prefer something like".

Of course, I read it.

> Is it at all relevant to what you want to see in response?

It talks about stuff way below the level that I'm talking about.  It
describes the details of the implementation, something that doesn't
help at all at the conceptual level.

> You haven't replied to the "dired-specific version of this command" part
> of that email either.

Any work towards making xref more complete is welcome.  But that's
tangential to the main issue at hand here.