Re: tags-loop-continue

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: tags-loop-continue
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:19:27 +0300

On 01/10/2016 08:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Because tags-query-replace uses a special keymap, we can bind
tags-loop-continue to M-, in it. _Maybe_ we can similarly use a new
keymap during tags-search's execution.

If you think it's a good idea, I can look into it.

I think it should be okay, thanks.

All right, looking into it.

As long as the command is
interactive, it can always be rebound, if users so want.

That applies to both proposed solutions, though. And even the case where we end up without default binding for this command, as long as its un-obsoleted.

On the flip side, the users may get confused that M-, is bound to
different commands in different contexts.

But the current binding of M-, makes no sense while tags-search is
on-going, I think.  So it sounds like a good compromise to me.

I suppose. My main concern is that someone can get used to M-, being bound to tags-loop-continue, and then use this key combination outside of tags-search, to an entirely different result.