Re: mark expensive tests

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mark expensive tests
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 19:23:19 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 18:01:50 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > My main point was that other than a couple of very specific tests, the
> > rest of the suite is quite fast, as test suites go.
>
> If we want to recommend to run the smoke tests at least before
> committing, then 2 minutes might be long enough to let people refuse
> that. That's why John has proposed a 30 seconds upper limit for the smoke
> tests.

I'm afraid that arbitrarily selecting 25% of the current test suite
will leave too of the functionality much untested.  Emacs is a
hodge-podge of mostly unrelated functionalities, so I think it won't
be easy to come up with a meaningful sanity test.

But maybe I'm just missing something.  Can you tell how will you
select the 30-sec worth of tests?

Thanks.