Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: MODULE_HANDLE_SIGNALS etc.
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 10:17:23 -0800

Daniel Colascione wrote:
It's the opinion of two people, one of whom
previously said that the worst side effect of this scheme is a potential
memory leak

I don't recall anyone making such a statement. For what it's worth, I agree with you that Emacs's current approach can result in hangs and crashes and in theory even worse behavior, and that it'd be nice to clean this up. We disagree about how likely these disasters are in practice, and therefore how high a priority it is to fix this, and whether we should remove otherwise-useful features in order to avert the disasters.