Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 88578a4: Increase the default number of hits
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 21:22:05 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

>> Well, debbugs-gnu does ask you how many to fetch, so you can very
>> easily override this, right?  IOW, why change the default if you can
>> easily customize it or override it?
>
> Of course I override it.  But I want the defaults to be sensible for
> other users, too, or they'll get the impression that debbugs-gnu is
> slightly useless.  Which it is if you accept the default, in my opinion.

You have a similar situation in `vc-print-log', which is limited by
`vc-log-show-limit'. Do you have the impression, that this function is
"slightly useless"?

And I have also in mind to mirror `debbugs-gnu-*' functions by
`debbugs-debian-*' functions, which would retrieve bugs from
bugs.debian.org instead of debbugs.gnu.org. Here we don't speak about
5.000 bugs to be retrieved.

Best regards, Michael.