Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: The poor state of documentation of pcase like things.
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:06:27 +0000

Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
>> I'd also rename "pcase.el" to "p.el" but hey, that's a different
>> story.
>
> and `pcase-let' to `plet' etc.  A valid issue IMHO.

The standard would be "p-case" and "p-let" I think. A standard (short)
suffix for "exhaustive" (which I interpret to mean "must match or
error") would be nice also. That would make the entry points

p-case
p-let
p-let*
p-dolist
p-lambda

as well as

p-case-ex
p-let-ex

and so on.

Once the semantics of p-lambda is clear, it would probably also make
sense to add "p-defun". And possibly "p-macro". Although this would then
clash with the current "pcase-macro" which would naturally translate to
p-macro also. So, I'd call this "p-defpattern".

Against this, there is a slight concern about proliferation of single
symbol packages (dash, s, f and the like) in the outside world.

Phil