Re: [elpa] master 872014e: Prevent accidental deletion of .git

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] master 872014e: Prevent accidental deletion of .git
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:27:20 -0500

> But for byte-compilation testing, I do a package-install in each target
> emacs, and check the byte-compilation results reported by the target
> emacs.  For that step I point at the result of "make archive".

That sounds excruciating.  Why not do:

   cd .../elpa
   rm **/*.elc
   make EMACS="emacs-23.1 --batch"

Admittedly, your system is slightly closer to what the end-user will do,
so it may give slightly more precise results in some cases.

> Speaking of which, I'd like to push the attached patch set, which makes
> externals deletion safer and adds the first two core packages to GNU
> ELPA (ntlm and soap-client).  Look OK?

[ Better just attach them so they're easier to view in the MUA.  ]

Looks fine to me, thanks,

        Stefan