Re: Dynamic modules: emacs-module.c and signaling errors

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Dynamic modules: emacs-module.c and signaling errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:10:06 -0700

Paul> Tom Tromey wrote:
>> The alternative is also error-prone though.  It's very easy to forget
>> that some cleanup is needed; and the Emacs facilities here aren't really
>> all that easy to use either.

Paul> We're talking about memory allocation here.  If Emacs allocates the
Paul> memory, the caller shouldn't need to clean up, as the Emacs garbage
Paul> collector can do that. This should be less error-prone.

The particular problem Eli mentioned was not memory allocation, it was a
type-checking error.  In particular see how module_extract_integer calls
module_wrong_type.

Tom