RE: Obsolete antlr-mode shipped with emacs 24.5.1

From: Wedler, Christoph
Subject: RE: Obsolete antlr-mode shipped with emacs 24.5.1
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 17:21:15 +0000

>>> It would go onto master, once it's ready.

>> Or Gnu ELPA, more likely

> I'd prefer that, yes, except that it's in core already, and we haven't yet
> made the choice to move things around.

Gnu ELPA or core Emacs is both fine with me.

There is one question if we remove it from core Emacs: how about the
entry ".g" in speedbar-supported-extension-expressions?

1. Keep it even if there is no core major-mode anymore which supports it.
   A bit strange, but not really an issue.

2. Remove it.  Then antlr-mode has to add the entry, BUT: it is a
   customizable variable and another variable (speedbar-file-regexp)
   depends on it on load time -> I am a bit reluctant to do that...

- Christoph

P.S. Next week there should be a version of antlr-mode which is also
"custom-stable" enough... (in terms of usage, the newest 3.1.0 should be
more stable than the version 2.2.3 shipped with Emacs)