Re: Suggest: dont declare interactive-p obsolete

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Suggest: dont declare interactive-p obsolete
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:29:45 +0200

> From: John Wiegley <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:16:21 -0800
> Cc: address@hidden

> > This is a minor change -- that will let existing code run without warnings.
> > If we turned the defun in subr.el to a defsubst and dropped the (declare
> > (obsolete called-interactively-p "23.2")) (called-interactively-p
> > 'interactive))
>
> I don't see any downsides to this; others?

Because we want to cause Lisp programs not to use it?

There's only a handful of users of this in Emacs -- why not simply
rewrite them to use called-interactively-p?  If we deprecated it, we
should be the first to remove it, no?

I really don't see any reasons to revert our decision because of few
places that need to be cleaned up.