Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:19:23 -0500

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 22:58:16 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:38:35 -0500
>>
>> * what planned features remain unfinished?
>> * are there any known bugs?

EZ> Not for me to answer, but in any case new features should go to
EZ> master, I think.  Therefore, I suggest to wait with them until what we
EZ> have on the release branch stabilizes.  (E.g., I just had to make some
EZ> fixes there in the Windows-specific code, and also the code is
EZ> formatted not according to our conventions.)

I agree that new features should go to master. I wanted to find out, for
when we write the NEWS entries and other docs, and for general tracking
of progress, what deficiencies (unfinished features and bugs) remain.

Sorry for letting bad formatting slip through.  I checked the code but I
guess wasn't thorough.  Would you recommend a specific tool for the
formatting review?

>> * should there be a separate manual or at least a section in the developer
>> manual?

EZ> Of course!  Every feature should be documented, and this one is no
EZ> exception.  I suggest to start with NEWS.

My goal with that question was actually to find out *where* the
developer docs should go, not whether they are necessary.  I think we
all agree on the necessity.  I can try a first stab at them when I know
in what context they'll exist.

Regarding NEWS specifically, Aurélien is absent at the moment and will
be back next week. Maybe Philipp would like to provide the NEWS entries?
I will write them if neither of them is able or if it can't wait until
next week.

Ted