Re: SMIE implementation for the C-like languages

From: Markus Triska
Subject: Re: SMIE implementation for the C-like languages
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 00:14:13 +0100

Hi Arthur,

Arthur Evstifeev <address@hidden> writes:

> I will open a new ticket about inconsistencies in
> braces behavior and how it results in issue with paren blinking. I
> understand that there is no clear solution for this problem at the
> moment and will appreciate any improvements. We will try to restructure
> our grammar to not threat "{" as neither token in grammars and will see
> how it goes. Thanks a lot for the answers!

Many thanks for looking into this! Some related information that I hope
helps or at least motivates: The current implementation of prolog-mode
also suffers from such inconsistencies, where something quite unintended
is often erroneously highlighted. If you find out how to solve this for
your case, then I hope the SMIE definitions for prolog-mode can be fixed
analogously. For more information, please see case (1) in the issue:

   https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21526#35

All the best!
Markus