Apparent regression on the undo command

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Apparent regression on the undo command
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:50:48 +0000

I've been noticing this for days now. Whenever I invoke `undo' (C-/),
the last change is correctly undone but then sometimes the cursor gets
moved apparently random places in the buffer.

It took me a couple of days to realise it was moving point to the
position of my "penultimate" change (the change before the one I just
undid).

Is this intentional? I don't see anything about on the NEWS.
If so, is there a way to disable it?

Cheers,
Artur