Re: Freeze is almost here

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Freeze is almost here
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 07:59:50 -0800

>> FWIW, I don't believe "directionality" matters to Git
> It matters to us, though.

All I meant is that until the actual freeze, master and emacs-25 were
equivalent. Now they no longer are.

I'm sorry to have created so much confusion, I assumed too much about our
collective Git habits. Next time I'll "cut once", and it will be frozen from
that moment forward. I had feared I wouldn't be available to do it at the
right time, so I did it early, expecting to allow changes from master until
the cutoff point.

Now that all that's done, we're back on the right footing. I'll make a wider
announcement later today.

Thanks for your patience, Eli,
  John