Re: The Little Computer

From: alin
Subject: Re: The Little Computer
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:28:20 +0200

Hello.

I do not find it interesting to have written a compiler for C genrating
only x86/mips/etc code because if somebody asks "what happens behing the
X86 microcode ?" it is difficult to ask all questions.  As I did, I can
see the computer at all the levels.

On the other hand, I want to make a C compiler able to be modularized
such that I can specify the output, not only Hack, and this is
difficult.

I will make a first version starting in a few weeks now, but I will have
to polish it long time for it to be really good.  It is difficult to do
something good.

OK.  See you when I start doing it in December.  In the meantime it is
possible to spend a few hours to convert it to mit-scheme, but this is
not interesting, as it is too easy.

About the docs, as I said, we will talk in details and read carefully
your messages when the whole system is working.  It makes not too much
sense to talk about docs if the system is not completed.  Until then you
can program the litle computer only up to assembler level.

Now there is input/output available and this is great for testing it.

See you as soon as I restart working.

Alin

--
No GNUs is bad news.