Re: 'xref' should be documented

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 'xref' should be documented
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:01:03 +0300

> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 02:49:10 +0300
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>
>     I think it's high time we had the xref facilities documented, both in
>     the user manual and in the ELisp manual.  It's not good for such a
>     high-profile feature to remain undocumented.
>
> Thanks for the reminder, but I'd rather the dust settles further around it,
> first.

I think this is a mistake.  There are definitely parts of xref that
are already stable and won't change -- these could be documented
already.  There are many shades of gray between having zero
documentation and having a 100% complete one.  Right now we are very
close to zero, which I think is not justified.  We could add the parts
that are still debated as they settle.