Re: master cbef1e9 2/3: ; make change-history-commit

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: master cbef1e9 2/3: ; make change-history-commit
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:39:24 -0400

Glenn Morris wrote (on Wed, 15 Apr 2015 at 13:32 -0400):

> I expected any corrections would be applied to the commit logs, not the
> generated C'log. Doing it the former way means the full C'log from Apr 7
> can be regenerated whenever necessary, and also means there is no need
> to store entries that do not need to be corrected in the repo.

But maybe it is actually easier for people to correct the generated C'log,
rather than figure out what commit log they should have written.

(Frankly I suspect almost no-one is going to bother with either system
of corrections. It'll just be another chore foisted off on the person
making the next release tarfile.)