Tests and python scripts

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Tests and python scripts
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:13:13 +0100

In order to test package.el async function's I need to access an
actual webserver (as opposed to a regular directory).

For that purpose, I've written a test that uses a python2 script to
locally serve a directory.
It works fine on my computer, but, before pushing, I'd like to check
what's the correct protocol for running scripts in the tests?

1. Can I simply do (start-process "server" nil "python2" script-file)?
I imagine hydra will have python available, but is that the right
executable name?
2. Does this external dependency need to mentioned anywhere? Or do I
just check `executable-find' as part of the test?
3. Any other considerations?

Cheers
Artur