Re: gitlog-to-changelog

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: gitlog-to-changelog
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:52:36 -0700

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Should I fix this in the
Emacs repository, or is the script maintained elsewhere?

It's maintained at gnulib. That bug isn't specific to Emacs, so I installed the fix in both gnulib and Emacs.

Also, I see 2 additional minor issues with the script:

  . It doesn't add the 'coding:' cookie at the end of the produced file.
  . It unconditionally overwrites any local file named "ChangeLog",
    which now most/all contributors will have.  I wonder whether this
    is necessary/desirable.

Thanks, I patched build-aux/gitlog-to-emacslog (which is Emacs-specific) to try to address both those issues.