Re: [elpa] master b59bae3 1/2: New file debbugs-reference.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [elpa] master b59bae3 1/2: New file debbugs-reference.el
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 08:42:11 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> +    (setq-local browse-url-browser-function 'debbugs-browse-url)
>
> I think this should use add-function instead of setq and it should try
> to only redirect to debbugs for those URLs that actually point to
> Debbugs sites.

add-function is an advice, which I wanted to avoid. I still live in the
old times, where an advice of a function was discouraged in core Emacs ...

And the debbugs package is also used with Emacs 23, which doesn't know
nadvice.el. I've got a help request for this, some days ago.

OK, will see how to change it.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.