Re: April 7 cutover for generating ChangeLog automatically

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: April 7 cutover for generating ChangeLog automatically
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 13:09:22 -0700

On 04/07/2015 11:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
change-log-default-name?

I expect a relative file name there will be interpreted relative to the directory containing the source file which is not what we want, and an absolute file name would work only if everybody puts their source directory at the same localtion ("/home/rms/src/emacs/master", say).

We could establish an extended interpretation for that variable, e.g., "./ChangeLog" would be relative to the directory containing the .dir-locals.el file, but I assume that'd require a change to the code.