Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2056db3: Rationalize use of c[ad]+r, expunging

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 2056db3: Rationalize use of c[ad]+r, expunging cl-c[ad]\{3, 4\}r.
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:05:41 -0500

> If you want them without "cl-" then they need to go to subr.el. As I said,
> I'm not yet convinced it's a good idea, but I'm not necessarily dead set
> against it.

I do not like this cl- prefix generally, so as long as there is a way around
it, I'm OK.

With caaar in particular, the fact that switching from caar to caaar (and
back, which does happen in my coding) would require my knowing that I need to
add and remove a cl- prefix as I do so. Again, this is cured if cl.el has a
macro to drop the cl-.

John