Build hangs in lisp/gnus.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Build hangs in lisp/gnus.
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 14:16:55 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

With a make bootstrap, my build hangs.  It hangs in the lisp/gnus
directory.  When I try to compile the files individually with:

    src/emacs -Q -batch -f batch-byte-compile lisp/gnus/gnus-....el

, this hangs too.  I've recently experienced this problem in other
places too, but compiled them by hand (using Emacs 24) as a workaround.
This workaround is inconvenient for such a large number of files.

My feeling is that there's something wrong with the byte-compiler.

If anybody knows more about this, please say!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).