Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Contributing LLVM.org patches to gud.el
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 10:27:29 +0000 (UTC)

Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org> writes:

> What for?  Now that there's a GCC library, you can simply call its
> functions.

I thought the main issue was that GCC did not provide full AST
information, in fear of it might be used by non free programs,
and therefore emacs can't access this information either.

So this is not an issue anymore and emacs has access to the full
AST from GCC? I thought this was not the case and that's why
I mentioned the possibility of using GCC source code directly
in emacs and therefore having access to the full AST.