Re: updating macuvs.h?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: updating macuvs.h?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 05:44:32 +0200

> From: Stephen Leake <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:58:58 -0600
>
> I just did 'git pull' on master, and recompiled, on Windows with msys2
> mingw64. Now git status shows 'src/macuvs.h' as changed. It has DOS line
> endings instead of Unix; no other changes.

This most probably means some of the tools involved in producing that
file are not MSYS programs, but native Windows (MinGW) programs.  MSYS
programs behave Posix-like and produce Unix-style EOLs.  Finds those
tools and replace them by their MSYS namesakes, and the problem will
go away.

> I assume we only want Unix line endings committed to git?
>
> In which case, the makefile should run dos2unix (which is available in
> mingw64).

No, what you see shouldn't happen in the first place.