Re: prevent raising a frame from also input-focusing it

From: chad
Subject: Re: prevent raising a frame from also input-focusing it
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:48:03 -0800

This is largely a function of the user's window manager (of which
there are dozens in active use), not emacs.

The reason that you haven't noticed it under MSWindows is that
you (mostly) don't get a choice of window managers there.
Presumably, whatever wm you're using under GNU/Linux (which
might be controlled by your MSWindows machine, for example if
you're using an MSWindows X Server) uses the behavior you like
by default.

Focus-on-raise is the default behavior of many window managers.
How to change it depends entirely on the wm in question.

Hope that helps,
~Chad