Re: Build is temporarily broken - my apologies

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build is temporarily broken - my apologies
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 13:05:31 +0200

> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:55:46 -0500
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
>
> Build is temporarily broken - my apologies.  Might be fixed by the time you
> read this.

I still get suspicious warnings:

  In end of data:
  vc/vc-sccs.el:571:1:Warning: the function `vc-master-name' is not known to be
      defined.
  Wrote d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc/vc-sccs.elc

  In toplevel form:
  vc/vc-src.el:289:1:Warning: Unused lexical argument `start-revision'
  Wrote d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc/vc-src.elc
  Wrote d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc/vc.elc

  In end of data:
  vc/vc-rcs.el:1515:1:Warning: the function `vc-master-name' is not known to be
      defined.
  Wrote d:/gnu/git/emacs/trunk/lisp/vc/vc-rcs.elc

> I seem to have wandered into a weird corner of the build behavioral space
> where
> nothing works, but you don't get to find out it's broken until some
> generated file unpredictably goes stale.
>
> Sigh...I'm trying to isolate VC backend code.  There are no real changes yet.

Why don't you use a local feature branch, until it is stable enough to
push upstream?