Re: git commit/push and VC

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: git commit/push and VC
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 12:50:27 +0700

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Another issue is that I find it easy to do fixes to the "wrong" branch
> in the current repo, and that gets confusing.

You can customize your shell prompt to show you which branch you are
on, whether your working copy is dirty, and whether any interruptible
operation is currently in progress (merge, rebase, am, cherry-pick).
See the git-sh-prompt script in your git distribution.