Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [emacs] 02/02: Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:38:16 -0500

>>> Get rid of arbitrary gnutls length limit
>> Please use ChangeLog-style message formatting.
> When applying to the trunk, we're not going to keep any of the commits,
> are we?  I though we were going to flatten the entire thing into one
> commit, and for that the ChangeLog entries that are in there are
> sufficient.

I think the branches in emacs.git should follow our coding guidelines
(just like they have to follow the copyright assignment policy).
We can be a bit more permissive if the final "merge" drops the metadata
(i.e. is not an actual merge), but I'd rather we try to follow the
same rules.  Otherwise we'll have two different kinds of branches
(those that can be merged, and those whose metadata needs to be thrown
away) and we need to keep track of which is which, and pay attention to
those details in the emacs-diffs we receive, etc...

        Stefan