Re: [RFC] Correctly handling MinGW-w64

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [RFC] Correctly handling MinGW-w64
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 05:05:16 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Right now I can't test the change because the build fails with
>
> ./temacs: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
> Makefile:833: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs.exe' failed
>
> This happens with the unpatched upstream Emacs sources.

No problem while building a 64 bits Emacs, but fails while building the
32 bits Emacs. On a Windows 8.1 64 bits machine with MinGW-w64. Usually
I build my 32 bits Emacs on a Windows XP 32 bits. Too late to try there
now.

OTOH, I'm seeing lots of this on the build output:

Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")