Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Rewriting bzrmerge.el
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:20:16 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 18:50:10 +0100
>>
>> git rebase -i
>
> Wouldn't that unnecessarily annoy, since most of the commits should be
> merged, and only a minority (sometimes non-existing minority) should
> not?

It wouldn't.  You can mark all commits (apart from the first) as s
(squash), and then you get to edit one commit message which is composed
of all the individual commit messages.

Where is the annoyance in that?

But actually, I tend to group a feature branch into several logically
coherent commits.  That's also easy to do with git rebase -i.

--
David Kastrup