Re: merging revisions into emacs24 from trunk

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: merging revisions into emacs24 from trunk
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 11:46:55 -0500

> Could someone point me in the right direction regarding
> documentation or instruction on the correct way to merge
> revisions from trunk into emacs-24 branch?

Just somehow get the change you want to backport (e.g. "bzr diff .. | patch"
or "bzr merge -r NN..MM" or even by hand) and commit it.  It's that simple.
The only trick is that the commit message should include the key word
"backport" somewhere so that bzrmerge.el will know to skip it to avoid
spurious merge conflicts when we try to merge emacs-24 back into trunk.

        Stefan