Re: Turning off colorization

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Turning off colorization
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 10:26:33 -0500

> I have to admit that one to be puzzling to me.  Why would one remove an
> option from the menus because its default has changed?

The reason why we added it to the menu is because "everyone" wanted to
enable it, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible.
OTOH I find it is rather rare for people to want to disable
font-lock-mode (or jit-lock-mode for that matter).

To the point that it has crossed my mind a few times that maybe
a redesign of the code is in order: get rid of the font-lock-mode minor
mode, set fontification-functions globally (i.e. enable jit-lock in all
buffers) and have it call font-lock-set-defaults.

        Stefan