Re: sequence manipulation functions

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: sequence manipulation functions
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:23:29 -0700

>>>>> "Nico" == Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> writes:

Nico> I see "cl-lib" as a compatibility package with Common Lisp, not a base
Nico> library of the language. My goal is not to remove or replace "cl-lib",
Nico> but to add core sequence functions to Elisp.

But the cl- prefixes were added everywhere precisely so that regular
Emacs Lisp code could use these functions.

The `cl.el' stuff is still the compatibility layer which you're not
supposed to use.

That said, there's already a lot of duplication in elisp, so I guess
more won't hurt.

Tom