Re: "Readability" feature in eww

From: raman
Subject: Re: "Readability" feature in eww
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 18:04:32 -0800

In the emacspeak-eww module, I implemented the following -- if it's more
generally useful to eww, I'd be happy to contribute it  to eww.
http://emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lisp/emacspeak-eww.el

That file uses folding-mode -- and the section pertaining to filtering
could likely just be ripped out from there and moved to eww.el --

Filtering:

1. Filter by element or elements
2. Filter by class value or values
3. Filter by id value / values
4. Filter by "role" value/values (role was introduced for Accessibility
in HTML and gets used increasingly eg role=main vs role=nav

The above lets me filter pages interactively; once I find a suitable
recipe that works, I usually code it up as a per-site wizard --

--Raman