Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:20:38 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm a conkeror user, and find this system a wonderful way to avoid the
> mouse. One key feature is that, in addition to typing the number, you
> can type a substring of the anchor text, and conkeror will progressively
> narrow down the set of matching links, often until there's only one, and
> you just hit RET. For certain types of website, you could wear out your
> TAB key before you found the link you wanted.

I haven't used Conkeror, but it's basically a browser like Firefox,
right?  So you don't have a cursor that you can move around?

In that case, jumping to numbered links makes more sense, but in Emacs,
you can just hold down the `down' key a bit to move past masses of
links, or whatever.  Moving around in en Emacs buffer is usually not
really that much work.

In Firefox, though, it's pretty awful.  If you don't use the mouse
there, you have to TAB forever.