replying to Debbugs

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: replying to Debbugs
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:07:49 +0000

>>>>> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

 > Cc: address@hidden

        There’s no reason to abuse this particular bug report for this
        discussion; follow-up To: emacs-devel@ instead.

[…]

 >> This is going to make Glenn unhappy.  I posted it via Usenet, for
 >> lack of getting a CC of my original bug report to which I could've
 >> replied.  It seems the bug-gnu-emacs mail server has been
 >> reconfigured not to send CCs to people involved by default, and I'm
 >> not subscribed to bug-gnu-emacs at the moment.

 > I do read all gnu-emacs MLs via gmane, which allows me to reply w/o
 > such problems.  Maybe you give it a try.

        Incidentally, this is what I’ve just suggested.  Still, I’d
        rather appreciate if someone could take care of actually fixing
        the email to Usenet gateway for these mailing lists.

 > (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
 >         '((nnml "")
 >        (nntp "news" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org")))
 >       gnus-select-method '(nnnil))

        Per User-Agent: values, it seems that Alan is not a Gnus user.

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A