Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 01:57:47 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > You assume that Grep and the terminal will not choke on the
 > non-Unicode characters.  There's no basis for such an assumption.

No basis at all.  But that's not what I'm assuming.  Just like you
(and Emacs itself, which already has several files containing such
non-Unicode characters), I'm simply assuming that GIGO will cause no
harm.

The difference is that in the longer run I plan to remove the problem
by using the PUA, which you say can't be done in Emacs.